Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Silly item of the day

The delights of academic life... while you hopefully think that we slave day and night to get the new M.Sc. off the ground (not far off the mark), a friend of mine at the LSE apparently devoted his precious hours to energetic googling, and dug up all the dirt on my background:

"Voth - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
The Voth are a saurian species, presumably native to the planet Earth, but residing in the Delta Quadrant. A significantly advanced species, the Voth are cold-blooded creatures, have a superior sense of smell, and skin pigmentation which alters according to moods... Adult Voth are slightly taller than adult Humans..."
This is apparently from the Star Trek wiki, and comes with full-color pictures of the species. I am sure my colleagues now find my eccentricities easier to understand. Last time anyone thought they could read my reaction to a paper in my face... they were just decoding subtle changes in skin pigmentation. Me? I am personally disappointed; all that cosmetic surgery to appear human for nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment