Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Only in Spain?

Ah! To be a student in Spain... I receive some interesting excuses from students, but for today's class on the rise of the global economy from 15:00 to 17:00, I got one that I will always remember:

I am writing this email because I won't be able to come to class on the first hour today. I am telling you this in case you wanted me to do the presentation today. I have a lunch that I cannot finish earlier.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Now, I I do enjoy a good lunch. And I don't want to create the impression that this is normal. Yet I wonder if faculty at other universities/countries can top this... To be honest, the vast majority of students here are actually very hard working. They certainly know how to have a good time, but especially the first year of the M.Sc. in Economics can be gruelling. I am glad to add that the student in question, fortified by a good lunch, gave a great presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment